Airport Transfers by Public TransportOxford
If you are travelling to Oxford, the cheapest way is to take The Airline service provided by The Oxford Bus Company or from London Stansted Airport by National Express.Torquay
One of the cheapest ways of getting to Torquay is to travel by National Express coach. The minimum age for travel on your own is 14 years.Private transfers arranged by Oxford College of EnglishOxford
We can meet you at the airport and take you directly to your host family. Transportation will be by taxi or mini-bus.
- The cost from London Heathrow Airport is £133 per person one way or £250 per person return
- The cost from London Gatwick, London Luton Airport, London City or Stansted Airport is £170 per person one way or £300 per person return
Important information about booking your flight
- If you arrive at London Heathrow Airport as early as possible in the morning and your return flight is after 16:00, we can meet you and provide group transportation to and from Torquay. This service is only available on the official start and finish dates of a course, and is provided by bus, minibus or taxi, according to the number of students travelling.
- The cost of this service is £100 per person one way or £150 per person return.
- Please note, that on the return journey, students are taken to the airport but we do not provide an assisted check-in service.
It is important when booking a flight to England, especially if you are going to Torquay, to arrive as early as possible in the morning and to depart, on your return flight, as late as possible in the afternoon. In all locations, you must arrive at the host family at a reasonable time and not later than 20:00.
You need to allow up to one hour after your flight has landed to pass through UK Border Control and to collect your luggage. If you are NOT from the EU, especially if you require a visa to enter the UK, you may at busy times, need to allow up to 1½ hours for border control, collecting your luggage and customs control.Typical journey times
from London Heathrow Airport to Oxford is 1½ hours. From London Heathrow Airport to Torquay takes 4 to 4½ hours.
Add an extra 1 hour for Oxford and an extra 2 hours for Torquay if you are travelling from London Stansted Airport, London Gatwick or London Luton Airport.
If you are going to Torquay the nearest International airport with a good selection of flights is Bristol Airport with a journey time of 1½ to 2 hours.
If you are not sure, please check your flight time with us
before you book and pay for your flight!